Google Posts, also known as Google My Business Post, are social feed-like updates that are largely made and managed by the business and often include an image/video, text, and a link.
They can be used to promote special discounts, inform clients about new Covid-19 features, showcase products and events, and much more.
Why Google Posts are Needed?
Google Posts are a simple and quick method to improve the search experience for consumers looking for your business.
Although not every business will benefit from it, the convenience and simplicity with which it may be set up encourage experimenting and testing to see what works best for your organization. So, why should you give them a chance?
How different people gets benefited?
Different posts for different people!
Posts can be used to share a wide range of information like events, offers or specials, product updates and announcements.
Where does these posts show up?
Our aim is to create the best google my business post. When users search for your brand on Google, they will see your post in the Google SERPs and Google Maps. On both mobile and desktop, they will appear in the knowledge graph to the right of the search results. The pictures in the first section of this blog post show an example.
How to Create Best Google My Business Post to Promote your business?
It is easy to create google my business post on desktop and mobile as well…
- Log in to your Google My Business account. If you have two or more locations, select the one you want to manage by clicking Manage location.
- Create a post by clicking the Create button. Alternatively, go to the menu and select Posts.
- The screen “Create post” will appear. Option to add photographs, text, events, and a button to your post can be found here. Simply click each field and fill in the required information.
- To see a preview of your post when you’ve finished writing it, click Preview. Click Publish in the top right corner of the screen if everything looks good.
Within a few minutes, your published post will display in the SERPs.
- Open the Google My Business app on your phone. Google My Business is available for Android and iOS.
- Tap the create symbol in the lower right corner of the screen (the one with the plus sign). Then, when the posts symbol appears, tap it.
- The screen “Create post” will appear. Option to add photographs, text, events, and a button to your post can be found here. Simply tap each field and fill in the required information.
- You’ll see a preview of your post after you’ve filled out your information. Tap Publish in the top right corner of the screen if everything seems good.
You Need to Know Something Important
• Google deletes your post after seven days to ensure that new content is shared.
• Event posts are visible until the end of the event.
• The Knowledge Panel only displays the first 80 characters.
• Your most recent posts will appear first, followed by a carousel of earlier entries.
• In a carousel, Google will scroll up to ten posts, but only the first two will appear in the SERPs.
Ideas to Create Amazing Posts
The guidelines for writing a fantastic google my business post are similar to those for writing any other sort of advertisement, with the exception of the size and character limitations.
Examine and collect ideas from blogs or other posts you come across for businesses that interest you.
Use Notable Photography
Well, a lit photo makes your photo stand out.
Image format: JPG or PNG format
Minimum size : 720px width by 540px height
Include Actionable Headlines
Create a headline that motivates people to take action. “Get Your Free Teeth Whitening” is an example of a headline that is comprehensive and swiftly informs the user of what you want them to take.
With a limited number of characters, this is an excellent opportunity to apply some of the skills you’ve learned when composing commercials.
Keep your descriptions concise and to the point
Keep the google my business post brief and only provide the information that is required. According to Google, you have 1,500 characters, yet only the first 80 appear in SERPs. Make the most of it.
150-300 characters is a good rule of thumb. However, it found that the knowledge graph displays roughly 80 characters (including the headline).
“Order Now,” “Learn More,” or “Get Free Download” are all good examples of strong calls-to-action. We have a terrific call-to-action guide that includes character counts. With such a high turnover rate on Posts, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to try new things.
What All Should be Avoided While Creating Google Posts?
- Avoid using commercial slang
- Avoid using excessive exclamation marks and all caps
- Avoid including more than one theme or offer in a post
- Avoid crafting a deal with too many exclusions
You are done creating your best Google My Business Post now you can measure engagement and success using Google analytics. Promote your business with Google My business Posts.